Thursday, March 17, 2011

A smile more sincere

The coffee drips into the pot
and it is just the beginning.
Songs come from my bedside table;
sun not yet risen,
the day is on.
Blue is the color,
that I already know.
Just like every other day
and the coffee drips into the pot.
I pull myself outta bed, time,
allowing the sleep to fall away.
Look into the mirror night still on my face.
Nothing the brew won't fix
and maybe a dash of tunes.
I'm rolling on.
Breakfast down the hatch,
hair is wet, clothes pulled on.
Frank's voice is floating in the air.
Laces tied, bag's packed.
Out the door, I'm walking on.
My seat is open and it makes me smile,
sun shines through the left side window
broken by the trees.
I settle in and the bus strolls on.
Look around me
eyes are tired and smiles weary.
Well, that'll have to change.
We know where we're going
and that the day is on.
We are to inspire and deliver
the magic they believe in.
It's the happiest place
for them in each minute of this moment.
Eyes are bright as they look up
to what they know is true.
All I can do is know
on this day
the dream I help sow 
because tomorrow they wake
to face the sometimes unwelcoming
reality...smile more sincere and the day is on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment