Friday, December 17, 2010

Onward!

I feel suspiciously at peace with the fact that this Sunday I will be leaving my undergraduate career behind me and moving on to more interesting lands and unfamiliar company.  It feels as though I just came to this university yesterday;all of a sudden it is coming to a close and I am okay with that.  Last week I was, not exactly plagued with a very bizarre feeling, but experienced a stirring.  There is a mixture of anticipation, dread, and excitement.  All of a sudden it's become quite clear that at this point I have this world wide open to me.  I am not being chained to one place because of higher education.  The feeling of being unburdened for the first time is confusing, amazing, but confusing.  I love being free which is why I loved summer breaks so much.  They hold the potential and promises of adventures and tales that will be told.  But I always new that I would have to go back to my education.  However, even though I know I am going to graduate school it is still over eight months away.  Leaving me with the most free time I have ever had.  
 

I know that I will be filling some of that time with an Internship at Disney World but still, it is Disney World and, from what I have been told, will hold nothing but good experiences.  After that I am hoping to go to Albania for a couple weeks and I may volunteer at a summer camp that I worked at for the last couple summers.  I need to spend some time just being nowhere.  I love the feeling of being in the woods or near the ocean and the upcoming months of my life seem to be the perfect opportunity for such wanderings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment